100g Light brown sugar
40g Castor Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
140 g all purpose flour
30 g unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
A pinch of Salt
200g Chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 °C. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using electric whisk, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.x
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the egg. Then beat in the vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mix in stages, mixing until incorporated.
- Fold in the the chocolate chips.
- Using two spoons place about 1 1/2 tbsp of batter onto the baking sheet, leaving 2inch of a gap between them. Flatten each one slightly. (This is the stage where you can stuff them into freezer bags and into the freezer for later use.)
- Bake the cookies for about 14 minutes, rotating the baking sheets halfway through the baking time. Remove from oven and let the cookies cool a few minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to cool.
- Makes about 24 cookies.