2:53 AM

Daring Bakers - Candylicious!!!

The August 2011 Daring Bakers’ Challenge was hosted by Lisa of Parsley, Sage, Desserts and Line Drive and Mandy of What the Fruitcake?!. These two sugar mavens challenged us to make sinfully delicious candies! This was a special challenge for the Daring Bakers because the good folks at http://www.chocoley.com offered an amazing prize for the winner of the most creative and delicious candy!

This month's challenge was so fun! And sweet! Very much so!

I made a whole lot of sweets, from Sponge-candy (Honeycombs), to truffles, to coconut fudge, to soft caramel candy, to praline.

The recipes for the sponge candy, truffles and praline can be found here. As well as instructions as to how to temper chocolate.
 I failed the first time I tried it, considering room temperature was 31C and I needed my chocolate to go down to 27C.. so it was so not happening. but some angel told me a new method involving ice, which I will try when I get a weekend free again. =)


As for the coconut fudge, recipe is from Smitten Kitchen. Can be seen here





Hazelnut Praline!


Sponge Candy. I covered some with chocolate to make Crunchie!


Chocolate Truffle with Praline


Ferero Rocher Box comes in handy for storing truffles!



Coconut Fudge




Dark Chocolate Truffles

0 comments: