10:52 AM

Nutty Brownies~~


What can go wrong with brownies? Especially those with NUTS!

(Yeah yeah, I'm crazy about nuts. So, keep note. I might give up a lot of things for nutty goodness.)


Sadly, I can't eat these. Since they have butter. But my friends and family seem to drool over the sight of them. I'll experiment with a dairy-free version soon. =)


Ingredients
3/4cup Dutch Process Cocoa Powder
3/4cup Unsalted Butter
2tbsp Strong Coffee
1cup Sugar
2 Eggs
2tsp Vanilla Essence
1 1/3cup All Purpose Flour
1/2tsp Baking Powder
1/4tsp Salt
3/4cup Walnuts/Pecan Nuts
1/4cup Chocolate Chips





(Sorry about the picture quality here, I left my big chunky camera upstairs while I was baking, didn't want to leave the melting butter/whisking eggs etc.)

1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Butter a 8x8inch baking tin.
2. Melt the butter and cocoa powder over medium heat. When melted, mix in coffee. Leave to cool.
3. In a separate bowls, whisk together the sugar and the eggs. (eyap, give it a good whisk, it will turn to a lighter yellow). Add in the vanilla essence.
4. Whisk together the dry ingredient, i.e. flour, baking powder and salt.
5. Add the butter/cocoa mix to the egg mixture, then stir in the flour.
6. Save about 7 walnuts/pecan nuts (to decorate later). Stir in the rest of the nuts.
7. Pour in the buttered baking tin. Sprinkle the walnuts and chocolate chips on top.
8. Shove it in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
9. Let it cool in the tin for about 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.
10. Take a big whiff. Grab knife/fork/spoon. Dig In.

0 comments: