6:35 PM

Going bananas~~

What exactly does one do when she has been feeling under the weather?
Finally able to move past the gloom that a foul creature has set upon her, but still not quite fully bouncing around in the happy clouds yet.

Why, she bakes!



Someone who has once declared that he has no intention of ever doing anything to hurt me has done exactly that. And furthermore, he doesn't seem to give a *tooot* about me anymore.
But that's all whiney-ranty gibberish now. I've moved past that.

Men will be men. (Please don't throw bananas at me if you're one of them, I mean no harm. Serious.)

 Now sometime alone in the kitchen, elbows deep in flour and butter is the way to complete the...therapy, would you have it.


I've been eyeing those lovely bunch of bananas sitting on the counter-top ever since their arrival  two nights ago. And this morning with no one at home to disturb my peace. I grabbed several of those awesome creatures. Ventured into my get-away haven. Closed the doors. Took a deep breath. And went to my happy place.


Banana Cookies 
from Simply Recipes

Ingredients
1/2 cup of unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup of sugar Original recipe calls for 1 cup of sugar, I halved this, and it was still a tad too sweet for me..
1 egg, room temperature
1 cup of mashed bananas (about 2 ½ large bananas)
1 teaspoon of baking soda
2 cups of flour
pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1 cup of pecans (walnuts and chocolate chips are fine alternatives)  I used choc chips. =)

Method

1 Preheat the oven to 180°C. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and continue to beat.

2 In a bowl, mix the mashed bananas and baking soda. Let sit for 2 minutes. The baking soda will react with the acid in the bananas which in turn will give the cookies their lift and rise.

3 Mix the banana mixture into the butter mixture. Mix together the flour, salt, and spices and sift into the butter and banana mixture and mix until just combined.

4 Fold into the batter the pecans or chocolate chips if using. Drop in dollops onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until nicely golden brown. Let cool on wire racks.

Makes about 30 cookies.



These cookies look heavenly. Smell heavenly. Taste heavenly. 
I do apologise, they seem to have left me devoid of my normal set of vocabulary.

That, or I've simply gone to heaven.


0 comments: